- Presenter. Digital shifting sands.Paper for Digital learning focus group. jJapanese Association of Language Teachers 29th International Convention, Aichi Convention Centre, Nagoya, Japan. Nov 26- 28.
- Invited Main Speaker.Annual Teaching and Research Conference, The W.H. questions of devloping vocabulary in the circus of a low teach classroom. Workshop. Weaving together the strands of learning new vocabulary:stimulating motivation. Univeristas Mulawarman,Samarinda,Indonesia.October 22.
- Invited Main Speaker. Language in the Online and Offline World 5th Conference Petra Christain University, Surabaya Indonesia. April 18-20.Paper ;Business discourse and being ourselves;Digital and cross cultural challenges.
- Presenter. TESOL International Association Regional Conference Singapore. Through the Looking Glass: Reflections on ASEAN Reflective Practice. December 3-5.
- Invited Workshop Half Day. TESOL International Association Regional Conference Singapore Pre Conference. Building our own learning culture: ASEAN teachers as reflective learners. Singapore December 3.
- Invited Main Speaker. International Conference on English Language Teaching. Paper: The Art of Language Learning Applications are Old School Acquisition at the Core.
Workshop. Untangling text, task and transitions to the inner world. Melaka October 18-19.
- Presenter Global Access to Postsecondary Education. Innovating equity in English Language Teacher Education; Malaysian Planning and Practice. Sunway University Oct 5-8.
- Workshop.Reading and tackling the role of responses; More than comprehension questions. August 15.
- Workshops. (half days) Fattah Education/Kazakhstan teachers Learning to learn; Retain new concepts and words while stimulating thinking. Almaty, Kazakhstan. April 8, 10.
- Workshop Pekanbaru Education Fair. Language Ideas Skills and Text; Integrating Content and Language Learning. 2 versions: Principals,Teachers. Pekanbaru, September 12 13.
- Presenter. ASIA TEFL 12th International Conference & Malaysian English Language Teachers Association 23rd International Conference. Paper. Plurilingual Positioning and its Acceptance in Classroom Teacher Education. Kuching Malaysia, August 28-30.
- RELC 49th International Seminar on Critical Competencies for the 21st Century Language Classroom. Paper. Native speakerism and myths of expertise in need of deconstruction: Critical approaches. Regional Language Centre, Singapore.
- Keynote Speaker. Dynamic Secretary & PA Conference: A Holistic Approach to Strengthen Integrity and Interpersonal Skills. Paper. Cross Cultural Challenges in Effective Business Writing and Communication. Kuala Lumpur December 4-5. Invited keynote speaker.
- Featured Speaker International Conference on English Language Teaching 2013. Experiment, Engage, Enchant: Rocking ELT with New Rhythms.
- Paper Rhythm and spaces through autoethnography: Dancing to one’s own drum across cultures.
- Workshop. STRIPping down sound features; making meaning through suprasegmentals. Melaka, November 18-20.
- Presenter and Poster Session Judge. Malaysian English Language Teachers Association 22nd International Conference. Paper Bubble, Bubble, Change is Trouble: Reflecting on the Certainty of Teaching`Recipes’. Johor Bahru May 28
- Sunway 25th Anniversary Expo. Keynote speaker. The Whole Classroom is a Circus.
- Presenter 4th Asia Conference on Education. Paper. Teacher Education Interactional Data: A Springboard for Transformative Reflection. Osaka October 25-27.
- Presenter. Japanese Association of Language Teachers, Fukuoka. Conference and Educational Materials Expo. Paper Something’s cooking in the kitchens of classroom practice: deconstructing formulas through reflection. Fukuoka October 28.
- Plenary keynote speaker Mongolian English Language Teachers Association 5th International Conference. Multiple identities as teachers: Speaking all in English language classrooms. Workshop: Seize the challenges in creating cooperative classrooms without culture clash. Ulaanbaatar October 7-9.
- Keynote speaker International Conference on English Language Teaching: Teaching English as a Performing Art: Deconstructing through the teacher’s performance of presenting ones self. Damai Laut, Malaysia September 18-19.
- Keynote speaker Korean English Educators Society International Conference. Paper. Reflecting and co-constructing through the maze of native speaker myths. Chungbuk, Korea. August 3.
- Presenter.Asia TEFL 9th International Conference. Paper: Developing early acceptance in teacher education courses: Reflections within and on the research. Seoul July 27-29
- Presenter. Asia HRD 10th Creating Value through People Development Full Day Workshop Building interaction in rural Malaysian classrooms. Sponsored by SMR Sdn. Bhd. Kuala Lumpur April 19-21
- UNESCO/MOE Asia Pacific Teachers Development Course workshop ELTEC, Reflective techniques for the teacher who values self and classroom learning. Kuala Lumpur August 10
- Plenary keynote speaker Mongolian English Language Teachers Association 4th International Conference. Reflective teaching: Reflective learning. Workshop ‘Exploring the hows, whats and whys of classroom interaction through self questioning. Ulaanbatar May 7-9
- Featured Speaker International Conference on English Language Teaching. Paper New literacy’s cut and paste and how teachers can assist creativity. Workshop Sending the message: simplifying and elaborating spoken and written text for classroom use. Malacca November 10-12. Symposium Participant November 13-14
- Presenter RELC 44th International Seminar Paper. Lets Facebook it; Teachers losing the literacy battle as games gain. Singapore April 20-22
- Featured Speaker & Symposia participant MICELT 3rd International Conference on English Language Materials. Paper Creative teacher in- service training: Rural research and everyday needs. Workshop Managing lesson plans for best practices: questioning ourselves to stretch learner limits. Malacca Malaysia October 14-17
- Opening Forum Panel Speaker. Developments in the pedagogy of international languages: A gateway for practitioners. IPBA Conference Kuala Lumpur June 2-4
- Contributor to Ministry of Education roundtable on teaching primary English Language Literature Putrajaya. March 12. Three follow up meetings.
- Presenter Asia TEFL 4th International Conference Paper Deconstructing reliance on ‘native speakerism’: a rural Kiwi empowering reflection. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia June 8-10
- Presenter RELC 42nd International Seminar Paper Exploring our teaching practices through self-questioning during and after classroom interaction. Regional Language Centre, Singapore April 23-25
- Workshop British Council Teachers Club Penang Pairing up for talk and getting groups going large classes Penang, Malaysia March 24.
- Presenter RELC 41st International Seminar Paper In service or in servitude of native speaker myths: dilemmas of internationalizing pedagogy. Regional Language Centre, Singapore April 24-26.
- Invited Speaker MICELT Biennial Conference Workshop. In quest of effective teacher questioning: mirroring language acquisition. Malacca, Malaysia May 8-10.
- Invited participant National Teacher Education Division/ELTC Colloquium on Developing Pedagogy Standards for English language Teaching in Malaysia. Melaka September 26-28; Genting December 6-8; Kuala Lumpur, Jan 13-16 2006.
- Presenter Teachers Education Division/English Language Teaching Centre EteMS Conference `Fostering Schools That Learn. Workshop Pair Work and Talking Maths in Action. Subang Jaya, Malaysia Nov 22-24.
- Presenter Malaysian English Language Teachers Association Conference Paper Culturing Motivation for Language Learning within Oneself and Classrooms. Subang Jaya, Malaysia May 30-June 1.
- Invited Speaker MICELT 1st International Conference on English Language Materials Paper Turning textual terror into listening skill leaps: from the material to motivation. Malacca, Malaysia April 28-29.
- Presenter RELC 40th International Seminar Paper Linking listening and spoken grammar to alleviating classroom literary lethargy. Singapore April 19-21.
- Presenter IATEFL Annual Conference Paper Motivating and Organising Rural Teacher Empowerment. Cardiff, Wales April 8.
- Plenary speaker MICELT Second Regional Conference on Creative Writing and Literature. Listening as a needed skill in understanding literature: The Cinderella Skill. Malacca, Malaysia Oct 24.
- Invited presenter SEAMEO UNESCO Education Congress Paper Beyond the roles of dispensing English Language teaching: creating interactive rural learning. Bangkok May 27-29.
- Plenary speaker MICELT Biennial Conference. Avoiding Motivation Alienation: Ama and Cigku’s Moves for Classroom Change. Malacca , Malaysia May 10-12.
- Presenter RELC 39th International Seminar Workshop Net Gain for Clear Communication- Effective Writing for E Mail. Regional Language Centre Singapore April 19-21.
- Co-Presenter RELC 38th International Seminar with Anita Dodson Paper Evaluating Perceived Needs : An Analysis of Rural Malaysian Teaching. Regional Language Centre Singapore November 3-5.
- Presenter Sixth International Conference on Language and Development. Paper Oh teacher oh source, Ignore not the learner resource. Tashkent, Uzbekistan October 17-19.
- Presenter Malaysian English Language Teachers Association Conference. Paper Surveying Progressive English Language Teaching and Creating Progressive English Language Teaching Subang Jaya, Malaysia May 18-20.
- Invited Speaker; Post Graduate seminar series Assumption University. Paper Developing Cross- Cultural Awareness in Service English. Bangkok March 21.
- Presenter Institut Perguruan Bahasa- Bahasa Antarabangsa Conference English Language and Development for Equity in the 21st Century. Paper Building the Dynamics of Equity in an English Language Classroom. Kuala Lumpur 24-26 September.
- Presenter MICELT Biennial Conference Workshop English may be international mis-communication: A cultured view of hospitable English. Seremban, Malaysia May 7-9.
- Presenter. RELC 37th International Seminar Paper English is our Business Across Cultures. Regional Language Centre, Singapore April 23-25.
- Presenter. RELC 36th International Seminar. Paper Speaking Grammatically… Grammatically Speaking. Singapore April 23-25.
- Presenter MICELT Biennial Conference. Paper School ha, Gula or Hula? Steps towards accurate tourism English. Malacca, Malaysia May 15-17.
- Plenary Discussant Singapore Teachers Union / Singapore Association of Applied Linguistics. Paper The Teaching and Use of Standard English. Singapore May 26-27.
- Workshop. RELC 35th International Seminar. English for Specific Purposes can be as culturally loaded as yoghurt. Regional English Language Centre Singapore April 15-17.
- Presenter 20th Annual Thai TESOL Conference. Paper Walk the Talk–Integrating segments of sound and fluency. Workshop The tourist lands in the breach: facing the tasks of English and international tourism. Kong Khaen, Thailand January 20-22.
- Workshop Presenter Malaysian English Language Teachers Association. `Taking the Elevator - Tasks for more than Tourism.’ Kuala Lumpur May 17-19.
- Presenter CLESOL, The Practicalities of Implementing Greater Learner Autonomy. Palmerston North, New Zealand Sept 23-26.
- Presenter MICELT, Tourism: Text, Topics and Needs: A Case Study of Selected Thai Materials. Penang,Malaysia May 18-20.
- 7th International Conference on Thinking. Paper Teacher Thinking in Language Learning Strategies’. Suntec City, Singapore June 3-5.
- RELC 32nd International Seminar, Workshop. Multi-tasking Listening Activities Regional Language Centre Singapore April 21-24.
- Presenter TESOL 31st Annual Convention Paper Integrating Pronunciation for Fluency in Presentation Skills. Orlando, Florida. March 13.
- Presenter Language in Education Conference Output in Pair-work Tasks: Researching Talk and Vocabulary Learning. International. University of Hong Kong. December 17.
- Workshop (half day) Temasek Polytechnic EDR n Introduction to Using Group Activities in Tutorials and Lectures: Co-operative Learning. Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore October 19.
- Guest Speaker International Conference for English Language Teaching Building Up to a Notable Speech: Presenting and Note taking Malaysian. Penang May 20-23.
- Presenter Temasek Polytechnic Specifics and Tasks in English Language Teaching. Temasek Polytechnic Education Fair Singapore. June 28-29.
- Presenter, Co-chair. Polytechnics Language and Engineering Seminar Engineering Meaning: Needs, Skills and the Specifics of Acquiring Language. Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore Nov. 10.
- Presenter Chulalongkorn University Language Institute International Conference I'd like to present but how are you going to score me. Bangkok Nov 27-29.
- Presenter Malaysian English Language Teachers Association Biennial Conference. Spoken English Skills for Specific Contexts. Kuala Lumpur May 22-24.
- Workshop University of San Carlos A Framework for Developing Language Fluency. Graduate School, Cebu, Philippines. May 12 (day long)
- Workshop Philippines University of Southeastern Philippines Teaching and Learning Strategies for English Towards the Third Millennium at Davao City, and DECS Region 11. May 15-17.
- Co-Presenter with Issy Yuliasri. RELC 33rd Regional Seminar. Crossing Into EFL Culture: Teacher Development Though Learner Talk. RELC 33rd Regional Seminar `Language, Culture and Literature in Language Learning’ Regional Language Centre Singapore April 17-19.
- Presenter Singapore Tertiary English Teachers Society Seminar Pronunciation in Presentation Speaking Contexts’ Workshop Teaching Spoken English: Should Our Students Sound Like Us Singapore National Institute of Education 30 Nov- Dec 1.
- Workshop IKIP Semarang (2days) Group Work in Large EFL Classes. Teacher development seminars. IKIP Semarang, Indonesia. July 1-2.
- Workshop Presenter Group Work Fluency in Large Classes. 42nd TEFLIN International Conference, Ujung Pandang, Indonesia. Oct 6-8.
- Presenter IKIP Malang Designing and Teaching Effective Listening Tasks interactive lectures and Workshop on Effective Group Work : from discussion to role play. Malang, Indonesia June 14-15.
- Presenter International Language in Education Conference Task as a Unit of Teaching Analysis Workshop: Effective Pair Work: Designing Tasks for Talk and Content Learning University of Hong Kong. Dec 15-17.
- Workshop RELC Alumni Annual Seminar Effective Pair work -Designing Tasks for Talk and Content Learning. RELC Alumni. Regional English Language Centre, Singapore July 11.
- Presenter Second National Conference on Community Languages and English for Speakers of Other Languages Pair work and discussion - the effect of split information tasks on the acquisition of mathematics vocabulary. August Wellington.’
- Workshop Presenter with Margaret Franken A content-based approach to the teaching of essay writing.’